Author Topic: Mexican Altura HG EP  (Read 144 times)

Offline javagonzo

• Distributor
Mexican Altura HG EP
« on: September 15, 2024, 07:04:11 PM »
For distribution is a nicely balanced Mexican Altura.  This more dense bean has notes of toasted nuts and milk chocolate from nose through cup.
I've air-roasted this both just before and a little through second crack. With both roasts the acidity and body are well paired and of medium weight.

As an SO 'spro the acidity is clean and overall cup is sweet. There's some lack of complexity but its made up for in balance.

As a pour over the cup is exceedingly balanced, clean, and smooth.  The nutty notes come early and some slight tannins appear in the finish.  It's an all-day drinker for sure.

I often will blend Mexicans like this for espresso because they bring balance to the party.   Most recently I made an Ethiopian/Mexican/Sumatran blend; equal parts by mass/weight.  It was- honestly- a confused cup.  Save for balance; there was generous (almost monotonic) balance.

This bean will come shipped via USPS Medium Priority box as a 10lb offering.  Final cost to you (including S&H, club fees, PP fees, and bean cost) is $89.
Limit one box per club member.
Shipping is CONUS only.
Only TWELVE boxes are available.

If you've distro'd with me before the ground rules are simple:
1. Make your committment on this thread
2. PM your address
3. PP me at javagonzo@icloud.com

The first 12 of you to follow the above properly will get beans.

I will update this thread as regularly as I can; please check this thread as well as your PMs as regularly as you can.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2024, 08:50:18 AM by Ascholten »
Preserve wildlife.... pickle a squirrel.

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
Re: Mexican Altura HG EP
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2024, 08:46:46 AM »
Gonzo are you ready for me to put this up for you?

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline Akahn08

• Standard User
Re: Mexican Altura HG EP
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2024, 03:08:05 AM »
I will take one please. Thanks!